Re: [fluid-dev] Re : fluidsynth router for program change

From: gino latino
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re : fluidsynth router for program change
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:29:35 +0100

thank you, i will take an intimidating look so :)

cheers
max

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, gino latino wrote:

does someone know any "advanced" command line midi router?

I started to write one once, but the ALSA sequencer API is so straightforward that I quickly concluded that it's easier to write one-offs in C. especially for unusual and/or complex event mangling. This poses little inconvenience if you compile and run using tcc.

By way of example, I'm attaching a little "breakout box" I wrote, which can readily serve as as starting point for other things.  It's a little intimidating at first glance, but it's almost all text-lookup (lots of overhead there).  Everything interesting happens in event_filter().