[fluid-dev] Re : fluidsynth router for program change

From: CERESA Jean-Jacques ENAC/ENAC
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re : fluidsynth router for program change
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:56:59 +0100

Hi,

>is there a way with the router rules to use a note event to increase the program number and another note to decrease it?

Unfortunately there is no way with this router and the reason is just a limitation.
Following is a short explanation:
Each rule in the internal list can forward (or not)  the event received on routeur input.
The procces for a rule is done in 2 steps.
(1) Event selection/rejection based on event data range criterion (canal, data1, data2).
(2) if the event is accepted, the data (canal, data1, data2) can be changed before
     event forwarding to output.

As we can see in (2) the type (i.e note) of the forwarded event stay unchanged. So with this routeur:
a 'note' event input will be always a 'note' on output.
a 'prog' event input will be always a 'prog' on output.
and so on.

Fortunaly,if you are a developer,  it is esay to replace the actual routeur (thanks to FluidSynth module architecture).
with an enhanced router who do the expected event transformation.

Pearhaps, this kind router already exists ?

jean-jacques

is there a way with the router rules to use a note event to increase the program number and another note to decrease it?

Thank You
MAx