Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:02:25 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015, Garth Hjelte wrote:

...it would be just a simple reading/parsing of a SFZ file funnelling into the SoundFont format where FS would play it.

In that case, perhaps it would be better to supply a simple CLI SFZ-to-SF2 converter. Conversion to SF2 doesn't appear to me to be quite as easy as some have stated...at least not under linux and not without using a full-blown SF2 editor.

Off and on, I've given thought to constructing virtual soundfonts using FUSE and some non-monolithic format (not necessarily SFZ) but, practically speaking, I think it would amount to the same thing with automatic rebuilding (which could be accomplished in less exotic ways).