Re: [fluid-dev] Multiple Synthesizers

From: Garth Hjelte
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Multiple Synthesizers
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:57:09 -0500

At 09:21 AM 9/30/2014, you wrote:

>Ah, o.k. fluid_synth_bank_select will accept bank numbers in the range 0-16383
>(not documented, just from the source). That _is_ kind of messy since there
>seems to be _four_ domains for bank numbers:
>
> - unsigned int (in set_bank_offset)
>
> - 0-16383 in fluid_synth_bank_select
>
> - short in fluid_event_bank_select and
>   fluid_event_get_bank
>
> - int in fluid_synth_get_bank_offset
>
>Oh well, another wart on the hog :-)

Thanks, that makes sense. 16384 should be plenty, although there's actually no
reason why it can't be really large. The term "bank number" in this case is
slightly deceptive because it's really a "slot" for a Bank in the FS system. I
can't see anyone loading multiple SF's in and having perpetual bank number
conflicts, so set_bank_offset is practically always necessary, thus what we
really are looking at are "slots", not "banks".

Well, good, this makes things much easier for me. Thanks!

Garth Hjelte
Sampler User