Re: [fluid-dev] Midi Channel Limitations

From: BCA @ Free-Artists
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Midi Channel Limitations
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:12:08 +0200

Hi David,

"The fluid_midi_event_t struct, if you use that, seems to have an
undocumented limitation at 256 midi channels though (!), but nobody has
complained so far."

... that is an interesting thing. Can you tell me more, please, about the relationship of "number of channels" and "polyphony", please? Sometimes I have the aural impression, a lesser number of channels results a bigger polyphony cutout - but maybe that is an illusion?

Many thanks
Bernd Casper