Re: [fluid-dev] New Lua module; therefore various questions

From: Peter Billam
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New Lua module; therefore various questions
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:58 +1000

Greetings,

Thank you David :-)

> > When    new_fluid_audio_driver(settings, synth)
> > is called, does the settings have to be the same settings
> > that was used to create the synth ? or can it be a new
> > settings created in order to configure the audio_driver ?
> Hmm, good question. I guess it would be okay to have a different
> object, otherwise there wouldn't be another settings pointer in
> the first place.  But we should probably look up this better.

That would be nice if you could check that sometime because
I think it will change my API at the Lua level...

Just a few more questions, all about simultaneity:

Can multiple synths be running at the same time ?
Can one synth have multiple midi_players running at the same time ?
  (eg: to play several midi files, each starting at a different moment)
Can, while a midi-player is running, the synth still be
  given real-time events (like fluid_synth_noteon etc)
  before fluid_player_join and fluid_player_stop get invoked ?

Thanks, Regards,
Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      address@hidden     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949