[fluid-dev] Fluidsynth not appearing in Mac OSX "Audio MIDI Setup"?

From: Larry Lang
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth not appearing in Mac OSX "Audio MIDI Setup"?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 20:41:21 +0000

More from my investigations about this issue:

I used Audio MIDI Setup/MIDI Studio to set the IAC Driver online.
Then I downloaded MIDI Patchbay, and used it to map the IAC Driver to "FluidSynth virtual port (pid),” where pid is the process ID of the running fluidsynth process (or PORTNAME if invoked with the –-portname PORTNAME command-line option).
Then it’s possible to route MIDI events to the Fluidsynth process, and it responds by sounding the notes.

But this is all rather manual and fiddly.  Seems like it would be handy if a running Fluidsynth process could simply appear in Audio MIDI Setup.  Perhaps there’s some way to make that happen?

Thanks,
Larry