Re: [fluid-dev] No reverb with piano soundfont + qsynth

From: Graham Goode
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] No reverb with piano soundfont + qsynth
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 08:41:43 +0200

Like any other soundfont player, fluidsynth has options to activate or
deactivate the Reverb and Chorus engines during Playback, plus adjust
the amount of reverb and amount of chorus of the Playback of the
soundfont, Qsynth has a graphical representation for these options and
values.

The final amount of Reverb being played is a sum total of the values
in the soundfont multiplied by the values in the playback engine.
There was an equation floating about during a discussion on this
sometime back but I can't find it. In Adma's case it is likely that
the soundfont has no (or zero) values and so no reverb will be part of
the playback.

As to how much of the Soundfont specification has been supported, I've
always assumed 'most of it'... the developers will have to answer that
one.