Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:47:11 +0200

On 07/11/2012 08:57 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
Something I've been thinking of for a while, and the recent thread
reminded me of that thought...

FluidSynth is quite a versatile program/library, and we all want
different things out of it. No one of us has the full picture, or uses
FluidSynth to all the different things it can be used for.

Making sure that none of all these use cases break, is one of
FluidSynth's biggest challenges, and maybe sometimes it can cause us to
be overly cautious.

Here's a proposal that might help us with that challenge.

So far I've only seen S Christian Collins respond, with actual things that he can commit to testing (thanks!).

So, for the rest of you.

The thing is, up till now, we haven't had much of release candidates, but instead people test the final release, and complain when things stop working, and I end up having to make another release - until the next tester happens to find a bug, and have to make another release, and so on. That is frustrating, I want to change that.

If people want their specific features still working, is it too much to ask for, that those people at least test them *before* release time?