Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program

From: S. Christian Collins
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:09:12 -0500

I'd be willing to test:
  • SoundFont compatibility, particularly the proper rendering of SoundFont 2.1 modulators, etc., since I use these quite frequently in my own SoundFonts.  I should be able to quickly tell if something gets broken in this department.
  • Voice-stealing logic.
  • Reverb & Chorus effects.

You know, I have yet to find another SoundFont-compatible softsynth that renders all of the SoundFont spec as accurately as FluidSynth (or even close), so hats off to all of you who have contributed to FluidSynth over the years!  Now if only I could run it as a VSTi, but that's another matter ;)

-~Chris