Re: [fluid-dev] making a standalone fluidsynth plugin on Windows

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] making a standalone fluidsynth plugin on Windows
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 22:52:31 +0200

Hi list !
ok, I changed the subject of the message, because I am not having the same problem on Windows... I installed glib, gthread, intl, etc.. and I now have a running plugin on Windows. But again, it depends on the glib and gthread DLLs, so it cannot run on a deployment system without installing glib+gthread on this system, which is not possible for an end-user. I need a standalone plugin again.

I tried to explicitely link my plugin against the .lib versions of glib/gthread, but in the end Depends.exe tells me that it still depends on the DLLs.
The DLLs are in /freesw/bin :
libglib-2.0-0.dll
etc..
And the libs are in /freesw/lib :
glib-2.0.lib
etc..

Do we also have a magical solution like on Mac (install_name_tool) ? Or some other solution ?

Thank you very much