Re: [fluid-dev] making a standalone fluidsynth plugin on Mac

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] making a standalone fluidsynth plugin on Mac
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 23:48:01 +0200

Hi list,
coming back on this. I stippped down my dependencies, and now my Xtra only depends on glib and gthread.
But now I am stuck again, trying to not depend on these shlibs.
- I used Sven install_name_tool idea, which seems to work and load the locally copied shlibs, but then it crashes my app at runtime, with the error : 25/03/12 23:29:32 [0x0-0x1514513].com.adobe.director.application[47865] GLib-ERROR **: The thread system is not yet initialized.
I have found no lead on the net to understand what this means.
- I tried compiling the glib static library by hand from the sources, in order to ba able to statically link against it, and this really became a small hell, with dependencies on libffi then gettext which required compiling them, which required new dependencies... And so on. I tried to find a way with fink to compile the static version but did not find any. I also tried to remove fink (which is really complex — sorry Ebrahim), and use homebrew, which is much simpler, but same problem : no way to have them compile the static version of glib.
Now I am stuck. Any idea ?
And I know that I still have the Windows version, and I am scared...
This glib dependency is really a problem in my case (a shlib plugin using fluidsynth, on Mac and Windows)... ;(
Thanks for all help