Re: [fluid-dev] Volume background and foreground

From: Element Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Volume background and foreground
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:46:58 -0800

If I remember correctly, the router_begin line sets what MIDI events
are to be modified.  So for example, if you wanted to change the
channel of all MIDI notes coming in to the MIDI driver from channel 0
to 4, you would:
router_begin note
router_chan 0 0 0 4
router_end

The router_par1 and router_par2 commands can be used to filter the
events by MIDI note number and MIDI velocity, respectively.  That
could be used to map different parts of the keyboard to different
channels, etc.  I think by default they are all inclusive, so you
don't need to specify them if you are routing all MIDI notes.

Likewise for pitch bend:
router_begin pbend
router_chan 0 0 0 4
router_end

The router_chan command takes min/max/mul/add, which basically says:
if channel is greater or equal to min and less than equal to max:
multiply by 'mul' and then add 'add'.  So the above will only modify
MIDI channel 0, multiply it by 0 (which is still 0) and then add 4
(essentially setting it to 4, which would work for any other MIDI
channel as well).

Best regards,

Element Green