[fluid-dev] Synchronized playback

From: Jason Vasquez
Subject: [fluid-dev] Synchronized playback
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 00:19:21 -0500

Hi all,

I have a need to play back 2 separate midi files, yet synchronize their playback.  So for instance, start the 2nd file exactly 8 beats after the start of file 1.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to a "fluidsynth-way" of doing this that would result in the most accurate synchronization between the 2 files?   (Outside of just using an OS feature to wake up and kick off the 2nd file at the right time)

I considered merging the tracks from the 2 files into one, and just playing back the one, but my dilemma is that I need to be able to support independent tempo changes. (one file is used for a visualization feature, the other for the actual audio)

Any thoughts?
Thanks!