Re: [fluid-dev] [ANNOUNCE] FluidSynth 1.1.4 released!

From: James Ong
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] [ANNOUNCE] FluidSynth 1.1.4 released!
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 21:57:04 +0800

For one part, I'm trying to get it pass thru this error.

I have install CMake in default path and while configuring, an error with pkg-config. In CMake it need glib? I have both glib and pkg-tool lib, how do I set the path for CMake to detect?

Make Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:306 (message):
  pkg-config tool not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:320 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  CMakeLists.txt:278 (pkg_check_modules)

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Orcan Ogetbil <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:54 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
> In short, version 1.1.4 of FluidSynth brings us:
>
>  * Several improvements and fixes to the CMake build system,
>   especially for Mac OS X
>  * Several bug fixes to the engine, notably quite a few which could
>   cause FluidSynth to sound bad in some cases.
>  * API additions, that make it possible to
>   - load MIDI files from memory
>   - to inspect/modify MIDI events as they are being played from a
>     MIDI file
>   - to change channels between melodic and drum mode
>   - and to silence all notes in one command.
>  * Improvements to the CoreAudio driver
>
> A more detailed list of changes is available at
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/wiki/ChangeLog1_1_4
>
> Looking back at the changes, I'm feeling a little proud today. One of the
> reasons for feeling proud, is that we have more than one new contributor:
> people who have taken the step to actually work with the code, improve it,
> and create non-trivial patches with new functionality in it. That is a good
> foundation for the future and I hope all contributors feel welcomed and
> properly attributed.
>
> Also, the improvements/fixes to the build system is worth a special note
> (thanks Pedro!), I was surprised to see so many of them! And finally, we've
> managed to close several long standing bugs, which makes me feel that this
> release will be stable and enjoyable for a lot of people, with less
> annoyances than ever. (Thanks to the jOrgan folks for the test run!)
>
> Now, enjoy the release, and last but not least - make sure you make some
> really great music with it! :-)
>
> On behalf of the FluidSynth developer team,
>  David Henningsson

Hi all, thanks for releasing 1.1.4. Sorry I did not have time to test
the prerelease tarball you made the other day. I was planning to do
this today.

Anyhow, I saw in the CMakeLists.txt, a couple lines such as
          ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}${LIB_SUFFIX} )

Unfortunately this is wrong. The variable ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR} is
already expected to have the lib suffix in it, i.e. it is set to
/usr/lib64 on multilib 64bit systems. This is the cmake standard we
have with hundreds of packages in Fedora. Now with the above, things
get installed into /usr/lib6464 etc.

Would you like me to send you my patch removing these occurences?

Thanks,
Orcan