[fluid-dev] How to send "all notes off" command to all channels?

From: Jonathan Slenders
Subject: [fluid-dev] How to send "all notes off" command to all channels?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 22:11:24 +0200

Hi all,

What is the proper way to make sure that all notes on all channels are turned off.

I have a MIDI player instance, but when I stop the player, certain notes continue to play, because the noteoff command has not yet been send.

This will turn all notes of on channel 0, but because the MIDI file also play notes on other channels, this does not work.
fluid_synth_cc(synth, 0, 123, 0);

Is there any better solution than doing a for loop over all possible channels?

Thanks,
Jonathan