Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Fluidsynth reverb setting

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Fluidsynth reverb setting
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:50:36 +0100

On 2011-03-17 18:54, Edenyard wrote:
Thanks, Pedro.

There is a server mode (command line switches "-s" or "--server"). By
default, FS listens in this mode by the TCP/IP port number 9800
using a simple protocol similar to telnet. You can send commands to
FS using this port as it would be done in the normal shell.

Please could you explain how I'd incorporate this into my script file.
More specifically, what is the command I use in the script? Presumably I
put the command (whatever it is) after the line that starts Fluidsynth?

Please excuse if this seems too simple a question; however, I'm not a
programmer by trade. I can run something at a command prompt and also
write a very simple script file, but that's about it.

One of the gems in the Linux command line maze:

netcat localhost 9800 < mycommands.txt

where "mycommands.txt" is a file containing the command(s) you want to execute.