Re: [fluid-dev] Re: cmake variables cannot be turned on/off

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: cmake variables cannot be turned on/off
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:27:42 +0100

On Sunday 14 November 2010, David Henningsson wrote:
> > $ cmake .. -DENABLE_PORTAUDIO:BOOL=ON -DENABLE_FRAMEWORK:BOOL=OFF
> >
> > $ cmake .. -Denable_portaudio=ON -Denable_framework=OFF
> >
> > I have devised a fix for this by patching the CMakeList.txt file in the
> > top-level directory. This patch can be applied on an ad hoc need-to-do
> > basis or it can be applied directly to svn. Either way, it works for me.
>
> Hmm, in the patch it is spelled enable-portaudio, but above it is
> enable_portaudio (note the "-" (hyphen) instead of "_" (underscore)
> between "enable" and "portaudio"). Could this be a simple syntax error?

Yes, the correct command line syntax is:

$ cmake .. -Denable-portaudio=ON -Denable-framework=OFF

But all these mistakes with option names would be avoided using ccmake or
cmake-gui from the beginning. Besides, I've added a new "enable-framework"
option, voided by the provided patch. Please don't commit.

Regards,
Pedro