RE: [fluid-dev] 1.1.3 build troubles (jack)

From: Per Andersson
Subject: RE: [fluid-dev] 1.1.3 build troubles (jack)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:26:39 +0200

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] 1.1.3 build troubles (jack)
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:15:46 +0200
> CC: address@hidden

> > > directory

> > > The file "jack/midiport.h" is not installed in your system. This header
> > > provides Jack MIDI function prototypes. Your Jack development package is
> > > probably very old, try installing a modern one.
> >
> > Yes, my system is old and the file is obviously missing.
> > My point is: shouldn't configure/cmake check the jack version?
>
> Sure, but the problem is: in what release was introduced the header
> jack/midiport.h? I remember that it was around 0.100, but I've found no
> changelog or any other jack documentation telling me the oldest required
> version for FluidSynth.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

Hi Pedro

I tried installing jack 0.103 0.109 0.118 ,  they all had the midi header file but FS-1.1.3 did not like it.

I tried installing jack 1.95 from source, but it wouldn't  compile (missing files in the source package).

Giving up on jack, I tried: configure --without-jack-support ; make
It did compile, but still tried to link to jack! No success.

Tried cmake: After some guessing (is there on option list somewhere?) cmake -Denable-jack=0
compiles, but gives a similar link error!

 Regards

   Per