[fluid-dev] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] fluidsynth-dssi

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] fluidsynth-dssi
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 07:28:50 -0400

On Oct 2, 2010, at 1:27 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:

Before I post a bug report on Bugzilla:
1) Is anyone else having the same problem ?

Yes, this issue has been reported on both the LAU and fluid-dev lists.
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.users/67843#>
<http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2010-09/msg00050.html>

2) How can I test if it is a fluidsynth-dssi problem or a Rosegarden
problem
? Or: How can I test fluidsynth-dssi without Rosegarden ? )

This looks like a fluidsynth-related problem for which a ticket has been
opened.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/ticket/87

As Ebrahim pointed out this is a fluidsynth issue. Sorry, this use
case got slipped through our tests. As a workaround, you can fall back
to fluidsynth-1.1.1 which is unaffected by this bug (but unfortunately
affected by other bugs). fluidsynth-1.1.1 should still be in repos. If
not, grab it from koji

I ported a fix from upstream trunk. You can get fluidsynth-1.1.2-2
from updates-testing or from koji:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1741

Please leave feedback on bodhi, so we can get this to stable updates
repo faster.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/fluidsynth

Orcan

Many thanks for your swift action following Pedro's fix! I am also forwarding this to the fluid-dev list for the benefit of all the fluidsynth users on Fedora Linux.

Much appreciated.
Ebrahim