[fluid-dev] fluidsynth bugs

From: Victor Lazzarini
Subject: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth bugs
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:33:45 +0100

Hi everyone

there seems to be a couple of bugs with fluidsynth (1.1.1, command- line program):

1. It resets all channes to prg 1, so when you play a midifile, all we get is piano from GM soundfonts. I have asked about this here, but no one responded. With a call to

  fluid_synth_sfload(synth, p->soundfont, 0);

it seems this behaviour is prevented. But there does not seem to be a setting to prevent reset-presets in the fluidsynth program.

2. The 'coreaudio' driver sounds just horrible (OSX 10.5), whereas 'portaudio' or 'jack' are correct. It sounds as if there is a sample format issue,
because of the kind of distortion I am getting.

Regards

Victor