Re: [fluid-dev] CC91 question

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] CC91 question
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:00:19 +0200

2010-09-02 13:27, Bernd Casper skrev:
> Hi David,
>
> I don't quite understand the FS reverb engine, working together with CC91.
>
> Ad def., FS reverb engine shall use the soundfonts reverb send settings.
> Those are CC91, [0 (default)% to 100%]
>
> But soundfonts don't contain parametres like
>
> FLUID_REVERB_DEFAULT_DAMP
> FLUID_REVERB_DEFAULT_LEVEL
> FLUID_REVERB_DEFAULT_ROOMSIZE
> FLUID_REVERB_DEFAULT_WIDTH
>
> Can you tell me, please, if and how the FS reverberation engine has to be
> initialized, before CC91 can work?

These should be set to a reasonable default at startup, but you can
change them through the API (or the shell interface), either
individually, or by setting a reverb preset. I think the default reverb
is rather modest, probably meant to just enhance the experience, rather
than being explicitly noticed.

FluidSynth's reverb engine is global, so these variables are at the
FluidSynth instance level. The only thing changeable per preset/channel
is the reverb send level, which you can affect in the soundfont (and
through the default modulator CC91 -> reverb send level).

Does that make things clearer?