Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 has been released!

From: Matt Giuca
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 has been released!
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:12:21 +1000

> David,
> my congratulations, 1.1.2 is a big step forward. We owe this success to you.

Yes. Can I just say the mutex fixes in 1.1.2 were very worth it. I had
a bug which I'm not sure you knew about (I brought it up at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1564839), in which when using
the -F option, and in a few other cases, all the instruments in a MIDI
file sounded like pianos. I confirmed this bug with a friend; both of
us on Ubuntu 10.04.

I just updated to 1.1.2 and they are fixed -- I traced it back to the
adding of mutexes in revision 310 (which is why I was so keen to push
out a PPA for 1.1.2, again here:
https://launchpad.net/~mgiuca/+archive/fluidsynth).

So thanks for doing that work. I finally have a good music workflow on
Linux, with FluidSynth as an integral part.