Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release notes

From: Elimar Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release notes
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 22:38:40 -0700

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:05 AM, David Henningsson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I started drafting on 1.1.2's changelog here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/wiki/ChangeLog1_1_2
>
> Big changes:
>
>  * New CMake build system [plcl]
>    * Winbuild directory dropped, autotools deprecated but still
>      working
>  * Rewriting of thread safety [diwic]
>    * Describe the two new settings here
>
> Smaller changes:
>
>  * Voice overflow settings [diwic]
>  * Possible to update polyphony, up to 65536 (beyond initial setting)
>    [diwic]
>  * Sample rate is updatable (and jack driver updates sample rate
>    correctly) [diwic]
>  * To be committed: Change of bank number handling [plcl]
>  * Source files moved into different subdirectories [diwic]
>  * Can use RealTimeKit (on Linux) to get real-time priority [diwic]
>  * Shell commands for pitch bend and pitch bend range [monk]
>  * PulseAudio driver: specify media role, and allow pulseaudio to
>    adjust latency [diwic]
>  * Bug fixes [diwic, plcl, KO Myung hun, Felix Krause, laurent]
>
> Anything missing in the above list, or incorrectly attributed?
>
> I've also updated the autotools build, so it should be working now. So
> are we currently just waiting for the banknum stuff to be agreed upon
> and implemented before releasing 1.1.2?
>
> // David

Looks great!

As far as I know, its just the bank switching issue that remains.
Lets deal with that one.

I was starting to look over the code changes you made.  It looks like
a pretty extensive overhaul to me and I still don't quite have a whole
picture of how you have implemented things.  Does it seem to have
similar performance as previous versions?  I'll review your changes
some more, to see if I can catch any potential thread related bugs or
what have you, though I'm sure its perfect ;-)  I may have some
questions for you though, to try and get a better idea of how you have
done things.

Cheers!

Elimar