Re: MIDI Bank Select proposal (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Son of ticket #65

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: MIDI Bank Select proposal (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Son of ticket #65)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:05:50 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:06:12 -0500
> From: "S. Christian Collins" <address@hidden>
>
> Another option, rather than try to guess what bank select
> mode to use
> would be to default to the GS standard, but have an option
> to use XG
> mode--this could even be a switch added to Qsynth easily
> enough for us
> GUI folks.
>
> That being said, if the guessing is pretty foolproof, then
> that's
> probably the best option.
> -~Chris

If such option(s) are provided, please allow dynamic mode change.  I mean so
that FS can play midi files (or live sequences from keyboard/sequencer)
continuously without having to restart to get into a different mode
(raw/GM/GS/XG).  I suppose the virtual-organs folks would prefer to still get
the bare-metal (raw) mode.

Already mention in my last post, will repeat here.  I have read somewhere that
there are fairly short sys-ex messages for XG-reset, GS-reset and possibly
GM-reset.

Jimmy