Re: MIDI Bank Select proposal (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Son of ticket #65

From: S. Christian Collins
Subject: Re: MIDI Bank Select proposal (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Son of ticket #65)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 13:03:39 -0500

I had no complaints with how bank selects worked in 1.0.9--it's exactly the same way my SoundFont-compatible Audigy hardware works.  I don't see the need to support XG mode when the SoundFont standard doesn't really use that mode at all.  There is a lot more that goes into XG-compatibility than the way banks are selected.

-~Chris