Re: [fluid-dev] File output with FluidSynth API

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] File output with FluidSynth API
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:13:08 +0100

Felix Krause wrote:
> On 11.02.2010, at 18:56, David Henningsson wrote:
> I tested using FluidSynth 1.0.9 with raw output and that works with my code -
> however, 1.1.1 does not. I also tested the FS command line utility:
>
> fluidsynth -F output.wav -i -n -T wav soundfont.sf2 midifile.mid
>
> This works as it should and renders the midi file to output.wav.
>
> fluidsynth -a file -i -n -T wav -o audio.file.name=output.wav soundfont.sf2
> midifile.mid
>
> This just creates a 4KB file. Is it possible that this is a FS bug?

I finally got some time to look at this issue. When I tried to run your
command I got a crash/backtrace. I committed a fix (to trunk) that fixes
the crash I found, and I think that it will fix your issue as well.

The fix is here:

http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/changeset/284/trunk/fluidsynth/src/fluid_midi.c