Re: [fluid-dev] More commits on the way to 1.1.1

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] More commits on the way to 1.1.1
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:44:50 -0800

Quoting Rui Nuno Capela <address@hidden>:
On 12/03/2009 10:21 AM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:30:32 -0800, address@hidden wrote:

I committed some changes which adds a new function
fluid_synth_unset_program() and finalizes API for
fluid_synth_get_channel_info().

<snip>

With the other changes I just committed and provided no one complains,
version 1.1.1 should be released shortly.  Speak up if there is
something I overlooked, that you think should be in 1.1.1.

(qsynth 0.3.4.11 is in its svn trunk now.)

meanwhile, i still have (qsynth that is) some issues which are probably
either new features or bugs of the fluidsynth 1.1.x series

the short list:

- all 16 channels are always assigned initially even though one loaded
soundfont has fewer instruments (bank, programs); on previous fluidsynth
< 1.1.0, channels in excess of soundfont instruments remained initially
unassigned.

Yes, previous FluidSynth versions assigned incremental program numbers to each channel. Starting with 1.1.0, the default bank/program numbers are 1/1 to be compatible with the MIDI GM standard. This probably isn't going to be changed back to the old way, since there wasn't a strong justification for the previous functionality and it would break MIDI GM files which expected Grand Piano to be already selected.

- fluid_synth_program_reset() seems to disregard all previous calls to
fluid_synth_unset_program(), reassigning the default/initial bank and
program setting to any explicitly unassigned channels.

Yes, I know. I had mentioned this previously and suspected that you probably wanted the channel to be unset for good. I'll check and see what this will entail.

- i may be doing something wrong but i'm having a hard time wrt. bank
offsets specially on soundfont initial load and/or early channel
assignment (presets).

Hmm. What sort of problems are you having with this? Are the bank offsets not working as expected, as far as which preset gets assigned?

hope all these gets clarified before final 1.1.1 (all issues refer to
fluidsynth svn trunk r275)

Yes, lets get these resolved before 1.1.1 release.

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
address@hidden