Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and FluidSynth-dssi

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and FluidSynth-dssi
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:38:53 +0000

On 11/21/2009 07:13 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> anybody using fluidsynth-dssi on this list?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that we (as in the FluidSynth developers)
> released a new version which was incompatible with QSynth, and so I
> chose not to try to push that version into Debian. Now we're soon going
> to release a fixed version of FluidSynth (with regards to QSynth
> compatibility), but so far I don't know anybody who has tested
> fluidsynth-dssi with the new version yet. It would be nice if someone
> who has used fluidsynth-dssi had the time to check if it works with the
> new version of FluidSynth, so that we don't have more severe errors to fix.
>
> There is preliminary packaging of the new FluidSynth version available at:
> https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0-1~unreleased.diff.gz
>
> https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0-1~unreleased.dsc
>
> https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0.orig.tar.gz
>
> https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa (pre-built for Ubuntu Karmic)
>
> (It contains the most important fix for QSynth, but not the later, minor
> ones in SVN.)

may i?

i did not stay long on the released fluidsynth-1.1.0, as you all might
know by now :), but i did, indeed, test whether fluidsynth-dssi had the
same troubles when invited as guest by (yours truly) qtractor hostess.

fyi, fluidsynth-dssi has/had show-stoppers with libfluidsynth-1.0.9. it
is/was fine with 1.0.8 though.

all troubles are/were due to fluidsynth-dssi (de)instantiation under
qtractor, causing it to crash every time a session closes.

fact is, on the few tests i could run on pristine-1.1.0, and surely on
one of the last week's svn revisions, fluidsynth-dssi is way better
behaving now ;)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela