[fluid-dev] Change the char* in the API to const char*

From: Louis B.
Subject: [fluid-dev] Change the char* in the API to const char*
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:58:11 +0000

Hi all,

I have a change that I would like to see i the next release if possible.

Change all the char* references to const char* in the public API.

The fluid_synth_sfload API already has this change. But it is missing
from for example the fluid_settings_setint API. When compiling
MidiDeviceFluidSynth.cpp I get the following error message.

MidiDeviceFluidSynth.cpp:95: warning: deprecated conversion from
string constant to ‘char*’

http://pianobooster.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pianobooster/trunk/PianoBooster/src/MidiDeviceFluidSynth.cpp?revision=73&view=markup

and if I remove the type cast from line 249 of
MidiDeviceFluidSynth.cpp it generates an error

MidiDeviceFluidSynth.cpp:249: error: invalid conversion from ‘const
char*’ to ‘char*’

Thanks

Louis