[fluid-dev] lost connection to Jack server (svn Rev 243, over the weeken

From: jimmy
Subject: [fluid-dev] lost connection to Jack server (svn Rev 243, over the weekend)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:28:58 -0700 (PDT)

This is with this weekend SVN checkout of  Fluidsynth, trying with a single
soundfont for each of

SGM-V2.01.sf2
PC51f.sf2
Unison.sf2

playing the midi file from

   "mmacdonald.com/midi/XG/Conquistador 3K MM.MID"

wiht Unison.sf2, Fluidsynth completes the music OK.

I restart jackd, fluidsynth, aplaymidi everytime.  The problem is when using
SGM-V2.01.sf2 (always), or PC51f.sf2 (sometimes), Fluidsynth gives me error
message that it lost connection to Jack server.  The first 2-3 tries with
PC51f.sf2, Fluidsynth never completed playing, after a few more tries, it does
seem to play to completion.  I still have yet to get to the conclusion of the
song with SGM-V2.01.sf2.  The messages:

cannot read server event (Connection reset by peer)
zombified - calling shutdown handler
fluidsynth: error: Help! Lost the connection to the JACK server

The error can be earlier (more consistent) with Fluidsynth "-v" (verbose)
option.

The machine is 2.4GHz, 1 GB RAM, fairly recent Debian Sid.  May be more
problematic on slower hardware.

Jimmy