[fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth event queue and thread safety changes

From: David Henningsson
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth event queue and thread safety changes
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:50:57 +0200

address@hidden skrev:
> Hey David and list,
>
> I finally got around to getting my event queue and thread safe related
> FluidSynth changes cleaned up.  I merged with the latest trunk and
> created a branch in SVN.  I did this because it is a lot of significant
> changes to fluid_synth.c and fluid_chan.c and thought it would be the
> easiest way to collaborate and track the changes.  I didn't want to
> commit it just yet to the main branch, in case of serious issues.  We
> should merge it soon though, to prevent too much divergence.
>
> The current code builds, but I have not thoroughly tested it.

A short update: I've started to test the new code now and committed two
bugfixes (actually three, but the last was my own ;-) ). I've also
removed the sequencer from fluidsynth.c, now that the synth is thread
safe in itself. To ease merging I suggest that we work on the event
queue branch from now on and I think it'll be ready for becoming our
"trunk" in a week or so.