Re: minor FluidSynth sponsorship opportunity (Re: [fluid-dev] Tickets, p

From: Kevin Fishburne
Subject: Re: minor FluidSynth sponsorship opportunity (Re: [fluid-dev] Tickets, project status, and 1.1.0)
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:13:01 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
Hello Kevin,

I did some research on these parameters by also looking at the source code.  The FluidSynth C API differs as far as the allowable ranges for some reverb/chorus parameters in comparison to the command interface.  This seems like a bug to me.

Thanks Josh, hopefully soon you'll all be able to check out my new app, to which I've found nothing comparable yet. QSynth gets the job done, but it has some bugs and SoundFont management isn't really present yet. I sent you the $25, so spend it wisely (on beer, for example).
- rev_setlevel command takes -31.0 to 31.0 but the code clamps this value between 0.0 and 1.0, so that is the actual usable range.
When you say "clamps" do you mean it scales the input values from the -31.0 to 31.0 range to the 0.0 to 1.0 range or that it clips input values that are outside the 0.0 to 1.0 range? For example, were the former the case it would do something like:

realvalue = (inputvalue + 31) / 63

Were the latter the case then it would assume that a value less than 0.0 is equal to 0.0 and a value higher than 1.0 is equal to 1.0. I need to know if I should feed the command values between 0.0 and 1.0 or -31.0 to 31.0.
- cho_set_nr is not Chorus delay from what I know.  Its actually the number of Chorus "voices".
I pulled that info from the Chorus section of the UserManual on the Documentation page. It describes the cho_set_nr command as "Use n delay lines (default 3)". Is there such a command/parameter as "delay," or is cho_set_nr the only other available setting for chorus other that what we've already discussed? If so, should it better be described as "chorus voices" then?

Thanks for the excellent info and I'll post the source and executable of my app as soon as it's ready for use. It's programmed in GAMBAS, which although is an awesome language/app it doesn't seem to be as widely used as I'd like it to be. Luckily the GAMBAS runtime is in the Debian and Ubuntu repositories so my app should be immediately usable by newbies.

Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues
www:
e-mail: