[fluid-dev] FluidSynth parameter data types, default values, and value r

From: Kevin Fishburne
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth parameter data types, default values, and value ranges
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:17:27 -0400

I could only find incomplete documentation for these in the UserManual, FluidSettings and FluidSynth API sections of the documentation page. I'm controlling several FluidSynth daemons running as server processes, each listening on a different TCP port. I'm able to successfully send commands to each daemon over a socket to get them to load/unload SoundFonts, etc., but need to know what these values are. Here's what I have so far:

Effect
Measurement
Type
Minimum
Maximum
Command
Gain

float
0.2
0.0
10.0
gain x
Reverb Level

rev_setlevel x
Reverb Room Size

rev_setroomsize x
Reverb Damping

rev_setdamp x
Reverb Width

rev_setwidth x
Chorus Level

cho_set_level x
Chorus Delay
Lines

3

cho_set_nr x
Chorus Speed
Hz

cho_set_speed x
Chorus Depth
ms

cho_set_depth x

The minimum and maximum values for the Gain effect are different depending on which documentation section you look at. The AUDIO SYNTHESIS section of the UserManual says its values are between 0 and 5, but everything else says they're between 0 and 10. Are the default values and value ranges different depending on which interface is being used (shell, server, API)?

If anyone can at least partially complete the above table it would not only help me out immensely but would be a good addition to one of the documentation pages. If no one knows what these values are but has some idea of where in the source code I should look to find them, that would be welcome help as well. Thanks all.

Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues
www:
e-mail: