[fluid-dev] fink package

From: Felix Krause
Subject: [fluid-dev] fink package
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 14:29:14 +0200

Hi,

I tested the current unstable fink package of fluidsynth 1.0.9 and found both the command line tool and the library compiling and working properly on MacOSX 10.5.6 Intel. I'm looking forward to a stable release.

But I also have to report a minor bug (or is it a feature?): The default audio driver of fluidsynth is now jack (it used to be coreaudio back in the 1.0.8-153 fink release), but the coreaudio driver is available and working. According to the wiki...

http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/wiki/FluidSettings

... the first available driver - which is coreaudio - should be the default. The developer documentation mentions that the default driver depends on compilation settings, so this seems to be an issue of the fink package and not the fluidsynth source.

Oh, and I also suggest that the README-OSX should mention that you currently need to import the unstable packages tree in fink to install fluidsynth - the current version of the readme may cause confusion as there is no stable fluidsynth package available yet.

Cheers,
Felix