Re: [fluid-dev] Documentation

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Documentation
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:59:39 -0400

Quoting Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden>:

Hi!

On Friday, April 24, 2009, Conrad Berhörster wrote:
Hello Pedro,

On Thursday 23 April 2009 21:04:06 Josh Green wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 23:38 +0200, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've committed some changes to the developer documentation:
> > http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/changeset/176
> >
> > There is a new document source "fluidsynth-v11-devdoc.txt" formatted
> > for Doxygen, and an updated Doxyfile specifications to process this new
> > file along with the library headers and sources. The resulting
> > documentation is a bundle of the function references with a main page
> > based on the old docbook document "fluidsynth-v10-devdoc.xml", with
> > some additions taken from another document found at
> > http://www.toncat.de/fluidsynth/ and some more text by myself.

thanks for the work, Maybe you have a better place to host the document. If
not, I can host it further, if you want to.

> This all sounds great!  I got an email back from Peter Hanappe
> confirming that we can change the license to whatever seems appropriate.
> I'm not certain what would be the best though.  Any suggestions?

LGPL would be fine.

sizu c~

The suggestion for Debian compliance was CC-BY-SA 3.0, and I rather like it.
It is a copyleft license in the spirit of the GPL/LGPL.

If nobody objects, I would change the license text to this one. About hosting
the draft documents for public review before the next release, I can do it on
my personal website in SourceForge. Thanks for your offer, you can also host
a copy if you want of course.

Regards,
Pedro

CC-BY-SA 3.0 sounds good to me.  Lets go with that.

    Josh