Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.9 released

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.9 released
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:38:17 +0200

David Henningsson escrigué:

I've already run into trouble with the debian package, interested people
can have a look here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/04/msg00244.html

Btw, do you know any other GPL code we (optionally) link to, more than
lash/ladcca?

You don't care about licenses when linking libraries in Debian, everything should be compatible. Linking doesn't change licensing, every library/program holds its own. That's as fas as I know, I have never seen that kind of question.

Maybe you should go directly for a NMU with 1.0.9, look for a mentor later.
Since there are a number of individuals who have recently become
interested in FluidSynth development, I think it would be a good idea to
introduce ourselves a bit and mention what interest we have in
FluidSynth and how we would like to help out.  I'll post a new email
thread to this effect, to get things started.

Seems like a very good idea. I could also have use for some pointers to
why it was decided to fork the project into an 2.x branch.

Everything is in the mailing list archive.

Regards.

--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó