Re: [fluid-dev] FS2.0 proposal

From: Max Kellermann
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FS2.0 proposal
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 19:22:10 +0100

On 2009/03/01 16:36, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden> wrote:
> He pointed to some valid issues (i.e. const char*), and also spitted some
> bullshit. Starting by the general tone of disdain of his message.
>
> For instance, it is true that some parts of the FluidSynth API are not well
> documented. And what would you say about this?
>
>               http://www.musicpd.org/doc/api/html/

MPD is not a library with a defined API.  Although it does not need
API documentation, I have starting documenting the internal libraries.
And hey - this is already more than the fluidsynth API docs!  Be fair.

(Just in case you wanted to point your finger to that empty page -
click on the navigation on the top, and you'll see *plenty* of
documentation)

I have not insulted anybody, I have not attacked anybody personally.
Which you did ("spitted some bullshit").  Let's keep this discussion
on a technical level, don't yield to personal criticism.

> And when I answered that his complain about the midi player is not well
> argued, he replied that he don't care, because anyway it is not comfortable
> for him.

When did I say that?  I can't remember, and my email archive doesn't
remember either.

> Instead of politely asking for help in the mailing list, or
> contributing with code to fit his needs and enhance FluidSynth, he
> expects that we work for free, as a reward for his insults?

Sorry, I feel unable to contribute to fluidsynth development, because
I already have too many projects (Music Player Daemon being only one
of many), and the day has only 24 hours.

You must have misunderstood me.  I expect nobody to work for free, I
don't even expect anybody to fix fluidsynth for me.  I was just
posting some criticism, hoping you might find it useful.  I don't care
that much about fluidsynth, it's just yet another plugin, and it's one
of two MIDI plugins.  Hell, I don't even have MIDI files!  I had to
download some only for developing the plugin.

Max