Re: [fluid-dev] New development

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New development
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:28:24 +0100

Hi,

> Hi Pedro,
>
> I can understand your dislike of the Steinberg license terms! ASIO is,
> however, the best general low latency audio for Windows users.
>
> Would it be possible for you to create/update a
> How-To-Build-Fluidsynth / Qsynth in windows using mingw with the ASIO
> information (once it is working) so that others are able to build it
> for themselves. I'm very willing to be a tester for the How-To.
>
> Thanks for all your work!
>
> GrahamG
> Johannesburg, South Africa

First, you need to compile PortAudio. It is already documented here:
http://www.portaudio.com/trac/wiki/TutorialDir/Compile/WindowsASIOMSVC

That is the only place you need to include ASIO (or any other backend
supported by PortAudio).

Once you have built PortAudio, you can build FluidSynth with PortAudio
support. FS will not use PA's backends directly.

Regards,
Pedro