Re: [fluid-dev] New development

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New development
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:10:54 +0100

Julien Claassen escrigué:
Hello Bernat!
How do you mean: breaking compatibility? Would commands no longer work? Would you have a new syntax for the more complex parts of FS? Could you explain a bit more, so the stupid user understands. Because only then I could really think about it. Generally I'd have no probelm with changes, as long as I know what to do to get my sounds playing... One thing though you should definitely do is to document API canges, because csound uses fluidsynth stuff, there's a DSSI plugin and I don't know what else.
  But it's good to see someone put new force behind it and push it!
  Kindest regards
          Julien

Hi Julien.
It's about changes in the API, so users shouldn't have a problem, except those derived from other applications not being updated to the new API and thus not working with the newer library versions. By now it's not necessary changing the way FS is used from the command line, I don't see anything wrong there, although they will have to grow to accommodate new features.

--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó