Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth router help

From: Dave Serls
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth router help
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:59:08 -0600

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:59:34 +0100
"Joshua Higgins" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> The man page that comes with the ubuntu packaging of fluidsynth only gives 2
> examples of using the midi router function. Can anybody give me an example
> of splitting the keyboard at a certain note to 2 different channels?

   I wrote an app called fluidterm that stores/executes fluidsynth router
macros.
   But I can't recall much of the details at present.

   possible example of splitting input on any channel at note 44 between
channels 4 and 5:

   router_clear
   router_begin note
   router_par1 1 44 0 0
   router_chan 0 15 0 4
   router_end
   router_begin note
   router_par1 45 88 0 0
   router_chan 0 15 0 5
   router_end
   # pan those 2 channels
   cc 5 10 8
   cc 4 10 127

   This wasn't the way I did it, but the first rule eliminates the low notes
   and sends the high ones to channel 4.  The second rule is the obverse of that
   to channel 5.  If you play with it, you can probably get it to work.
   I wound up patching the code in qsynth to obey a couple of simple routing
   strategies, as I have a keyboard with built-in split now.

   Hope this helps.

*   Dave Serls                                 Littleton, CO, USA      *
*   dashs.denver.co.us                         dashs.com               *