[fluid-dev] Bug in fluidsynth? select vs. bank+prog

From: Lutz Morelater
Subject: [fluid-dev] Bug in fluidsynth? select vs. bank+prog
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:44:50 +0200

Hi,

there is the command "select" that is a combination of chosing bank, SF2 ID#,
channel and preset. This command gives an error if the sound that should be
set does not exist in the SF2 file.

If I send a bank select command (cc chan# 0 bank#) and then send prog change,
I can "mute" a channel by getting a "no preset" for it. No error, if that
sound or bank does not exist.

When I select a "no preset" sound: does it help performance if I have many
router rules active? I wrote about that problem recently, where it would be
really important for me to mute a channel alltogether and get back some
processing power.

Thanks for any hint and regards,
Lutz.