Re: [fluid-dev] Some Questions About FluidSynth MIDI Player

From: Zegelin Peter
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Some Questions About FluidSynth MIDI Player
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 05:57:55 +1000

Thanks for the heads up on the licenses Josh.

I must admit reading most of those license makes my eyes glaze over and I can never really figure them out. If I use FluidSynth it would be as a shared library so I think I would be covered (but I'd better have another look). As for making changes and releasing them back to the community that would also be OK.

Yes the MIDI player part of FluidSynth is a bit limiting. From what I can see it wouldn't be possible to move back and forward through the file as the events are stored as a single linked list and thrown away after they are 'played'. I already have my own lists of events so I am mainly looking for a reliable 'pump' to push them through to a synth or external device. Having a cross platform synth is also nice.

Re the clipping - could you tell me which files I should be looking at to see how the mixing etc. works? I have looked a bit and can't really find it.

thanks!

Peter