Re: [fluid-dev] Windows build

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Windows build
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:33:27 -0700

Hello Philip,

I've been meaning to get a build environment working on my system to
make regular FluidSynth windows binary releases, but still have not
gotten around to it.  I'd like to use cygwin, so that the releases are
more "free" (i.e., built by a free compiler).

It sounds like __int64 should be used instead of "long long" on
Windows.  I don't know if that is in general or just with VC6.

It sounds as if your Ubuntu is a bit outdated, otherwise I'd just say
run "sudo apt-get install fluidsynth".  It will likely still build
without problems though, provided you have a development environment
properly setup "sudo apt-get build-essential" I believe.  Just download
the source tarball and "./configure && make && sudo make install".

Sorry I can't be of more help at this point.  I've been really busy
lately and have not had much time to work on FluidSynth or my other
projects for that matter.

Best regards,
        Josh Green