Re: [fluid-dev] Feature request / plea, do you still take them

From: Dave Serls
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Feature request / plea, do you still take them
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:04:10 -0600

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:49:48 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>    I'd like to plea for a feature, which I would have found helpful for the
> last two years and it becomes more obvious to me, that this would be very
> good
> to my work.
>    Could you route different note groups to different jack-output ports. So I
> could have some kind of configuration looking like this:
> # route MIDI notes 62-66 to out_1 and out_2:
> group_1 = 62,63,64,65,66
> # route notes 68, 70, 72, 74, 75 and 77 to out_3 and out_4
> group_2 = 68,70,72,74,75,77
>    You get the hang of what I mean. Hopefully.
>    Why and when this would be of help: especially for playing drumkits, so
> you
> can directly route all the different parts to seperate outputs, which enables
> you to better edit and process the recordings. I play my fluidsynth live
> only,
> otherwise I could just recod MIDI and then run a filter over it. But alas I
> can't. anyone else here playing their fluidsynth/qsynth live?
>    Kindest regards
>         Julien

  My audio PC is down, 8-( ... but I wrote a patch to qsynth which enables
  routing of notes to a particular engine, so that a keyboard could be split
  multiply.  Each engine has a MidiLowKey and MidiHighKey setting.  Each engine
also
  has a MidiOutput Mask of 16 bits width saying to which channels the engine
should
  send its output.  For keyboards that have an onboard split function, the
channel to
  accept as input for a given engine may be set with MidiInputChan (can also
handle
  even-odd channels in the single split case).
  It's not a lot of source code.  All this routing can be done in the fluid
API, of course.

*   Dave Serls                                 Littleton, CO, USA      *
*   dashs.denver.co.us                         dashs.com               *