Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Soundlayering w/ fluidsynth + qsynth (Lutz Morelater

From: Dave Serls
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Soundlayering w/ fluidsynth + qsynth (Lutz Morelater)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:43:22 -0600

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:55:12 -0700 (PDT)
jimmy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Lutz,
>
> I haven't tried this one yet:
>
>    ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mana/midiroute.c
>
> I have only tried this thing called Qmidiroute, can be
> found at:
>
>    alsamodularsynth.sourceforge.net
>
> It is really a small file, which I compiled from
> source.  It is quite flexible, it allows users to save
> different configuration files for different
> situations.
>
> It allows mapping by channels, by note numbers (split,
> zone???), velocity, and CC messages.  Just create a
> new tab for each specific mapping.  The configuration
> file will save all the tabs togeter.
>
> I haven't thought about using CC messages at all yet,
> but I guess one way might be to map instrument/drumkit
> selections, which might be invalid for a particular
> soundfont, to select some valid instrument/drumkit.
>
> I have tried mapping all notes from one channel to 2
> or 3 channels (creating 2, or 3 layers) either in one
> instance of fluidsynth (using one soundfont), or 2-3
> different instances of fluidsynth to use 2-3 different
> soundfonts at the same time (but will require more
> memory).

  If you use the latest qsynth and start 3 engines, a single
  large soundfont can be shared between the multiple engines,
  saving a good deal of memory. In qsynthMainForm.cpp put a line
  at the top:
  #define QSYNTH_CUSTOM_LOADER
  then 'make' as usual.  Define the same for soundfont(s) for all engines
  and they should only be loaded once.

*   Dave Serls                                 Littleton, CO, USA      *
*   dashs.denver.co.us                         dashs.com               *