Re: [fluid-dev] SCC FluidSynth files updated

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] SCC FluidSynth files updated
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:13:03 -0800

Hello,

I CRAMmed that SoundFont myself, since I have it already built and what
not.  Reminds me that I need to finish coding up the new format, since
it now supports Wavpack and allows for lossy/lossless hybrid encoding
(in other words its possible to distribute a "lossy" version of a
SoundFont with another correction file which when combined creates the
original lossless, the combined sizes of the 2 hybrid files being only a
little larger than a lossless version).  So for the moment, I don't
recommend distributing CRAM compressed files, since the current
libInstPatch CRAM format is not going to be used in the final version.
        Josh

Here are the resulting stats for CRAM and the GeneralUser GS FluidSynth
v1.43 RC1.sf2 file:

SF2          31263838
BZ2          26810731
CRAM/FLAC    19368211