Re: [fluid-dev] Velocity to Initial FC default setting

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Velocity to Initial FC default setting
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:21:12 -0800

On Jan 26, 2008, at 11:06 AM, S. Christian Collins wrote:

>Ebrahim,

>I have not been able to reproduce the release distortion on my end
>(Electric Grand). I'm using Qsynth & Rosegarden for playing the
>samples. What is your FluidSynth setup?

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your reply. I had a closer look at this issue this morning.

The problem disappeared when I adjusted the velocity curve of the key press
from "Soft" to "Hard". (This is what happens when transitioning from a
conventional piano to a non-weighted MIDI controller i.e. my old synth.)

So, your soundfont is fine :-) Just like any synth patch, every soundfont
sample set needs to be optimized according to personal needs and taste.

BTW, I tried all this on my Leopard (OS X) installation of fluidsynth and
qsynth running through JackPilot.

Thanks Again,
Ebrahim