Re: [fluid-dev] State of my FluidSynth fork

From: Miguel Lobo
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] State of my FluidSynth fork
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:27:38 +0000

Hi Jimmy and Josh,

Many thanks for your interest!

I have now uploaded the project to SourceForge, here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gleamsynth

(The project is called Gleam, but that name was taken in SourceForge
so the page there uses a slightly different name).

It should now be possible to browse the project or check it out using
SourceForge's anonymous SVN access.

There is no documentation at all yet, so here are some quick build instructions:

1. You need Python 2.5, GCCXML 0.7 or later and the current SVN
version of pygccxml.  If you're using Debian, there are packages for
Python and GCCXML, so installing those shouldn't be a problem.  As for
pygccxml, you can check it out from their SVN repository here:
http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=118209 and then follow their
installation instructions.

2. If g++ points to GCC 4.1 or earlier in your system, you can now run
the following command on Gleam's main directory:

python build.py

This should build Gleam.

3. GCCXML doesn't work yet with GCC 4.2 or later, so if g++ points to
one of those, you will need to install GCC 4.1 too.  After you've done
that, assuming the g++ executable for GCC 4.1 is then called g++-4.1,
you should run:

GCCXML_COMPILER=g++-4.1 python build.py

This is instead of the command suggested in the previous point.

As I said in my previous mail, any comments, questions or suggestions
are quite welcome.

Regards,
Miguel