Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically? -- SOLVED

From: Ken Restivo
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically? -- SOLVED
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:27:52 -0800

The problem was that the interface lo wasn't up.

It was related to ACPI sleep/restore.

Upon restore, lo wasn't being brought up by the /etc/acpi/restore.d/* scripts,
for some reason. This caused lashd to lose its mind, fluidsynth to be unable to
communicate with it, and a few other things to fail too, most notably OSC,
which is how I found the problem.

I did end up disabling lash in my fluidsynth instances, because I don't use it
anyway.

I'm now using the latest SVN revision 124 of fluidsynth and so far no problems.
Nice!

-ken